Saturday, May 8, 2021

What a Day

 I arrived at the greenhouse today to see this scene....

The parking lot was full and they were parking down the driveway.

I got the riding mower out and filled it with gas, but then noticed that there was a traffic jam down the driveway.  So I became traffic cop/parking lot attendant!  What a zoo!


Watched for empty spaces and directed incoming cars to them.  It got to the point that I was letting them park in the driveway and then directing alternating one way traffic.  Kept at it because if the driveway had been left full people would have just turned away.

You'd think it was Mother's Day coming!  

Had fun chatting up some customers while we waited for spaces to clear.  Despite the congestion, no bad tempers showing, and lots of hand waves and thank yous.    A satisfying day!

But I didn't get any grass cut.  Put the lawn mower away with about two minutes total on the mower clock.

-----------------------------------------------------
And I found another business that was benefitting from the pandemic.  

Retrieved the repaired TV today and the owner of A-1 TV Repair told me that he can't keep up.  People are watching TV all day and the TV sets can't cope.  They're breaking down and it's hard to shop for new ones, so he's run off his feet.

------------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays won tonight.  Great game.

------------------------------------------------------

Be nice to your lady tomorrow (and every other day too).  Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment