I thought that the garden centre parking wouldn't be an issue today, so I attended Bullivant Health and Safety to get fork lift training.
Now I'm qualified until I'm 87 years old. Can't wait to reup in three more years!
--------------------------------------------------
Then Mardi got word from A.J. that the parking at Trillium Hill was a zoo again, so we headed to the garden centre.
Helped to park cars in between talking to sister Judy and my David. Also got some wood chips spread.
But the most exciting part of my day was when two lovely ladies tried to entice me to help them with their planting, claiming that they had lots of beer and wine (white and red). I mentioned it to Mardi and she told me to "go ahead"...😏.....but then I remembered that tomorrow we're meeting Al and Liz to sample some of Al's muffins, so that clinched it. I stayed put. I'm not as dumb as I look (I hope).
-------------------------------------------------
Saw Bob Harrison at the garden centre, a colleague from my Dofasco days. He asked to be remembered to our mutual friends.
--------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, David shared the following pictures. That's an Asparagus sprout in the lower middle of the picture.
And the tall sprouts out in the open are also Asparagus.
In a former life, the south-east quadrant of David's farm once contained an Asparagus garden. There are a dozen remnant growths that still return each year and David loves to eat them raw - very tender.
--------------------------------------------------
No Blue Jays game tonight, and I just can't get into (roller derby) NHL hockey. Might have to watch a movie with Mardi.
--------------------------------------------------
I'm not going to ask if you watched United Shades of America last night because you probably didn't. But it was another reminder of how sick the U.S. (and Canada, given a chance) has become.
--------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow will be exciting. A fire alarm test at 10 a.m. Muffins with Al and Liz at 1 p.m. Probably parking at the garden centre after that. And, finally, the Blue Jays take on the Red Sox at 7 p.m.
--------------------------------------------------
Just think how protected we will be with our delayed second shot (four times as good as if we had followed the manufacturers' recommended schedule).
Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment