Thursday, May 6, 2021

Life

 As a follow-up to yesterday's blog, today I was cleaning up the front garden that includes the cactus.  One of the "branches" was growing toward the border of the garden so I removed it and stuck it in a pot.  Ignore the broken pot - it is just a vehicle to the next destination for the cactus and I didn't want to waste one of David's good pots.  I plan to eventually put the cactus in it's own feature garden (location unknown at this point).

I also got a reminder that the spines (actually very tiny hairs) can penetrate gloves.  Don't know how they do that, but it sure hurts.

----------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Blue Jays game was a real treat.  They had a five run inning that only had three hits.  A walk, a bunt, wild pitch - lots of excitement.  Final score 9-4 in favour of the Jays.

This afternoon's game was more of the same, plus homers, for a 10-4 victory.  They're back to two games over .500 and fun to watch.

-----------------------------------------------

If you get the Spec and saw the front page yesterday, the man who has been in a covid coma for some time is Steve and Bonnie's nephew.  Sad and scary.   Hopefully, there will be a happy ending.

On that note, take care of yourselves.  Life is sometimes fragile.  Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment