Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Proud Grandpa

I've mentioned that David calls himself "semi-retired".  He put out this post yesterday:

16 hour day -  Sure glad I don’t have to work as hard as I used to. 😇

In his business, May is almost a 24/7 situation, shipping a full greenhouse out and filling it back up at the same time, all the while trying to keep everything alive and looking good.

In my case, I tried to stay out of everyone's way and just worked for two and a half hours yesterday.  Seemed like long enough!  That's the "semi-retired" that I like.

-----------------------------------------------

Here's a thought.  Folks in the Rebecca Tower apartments are coming down with covid.  It's up to 103 cases now, with one death.  They're blaming "community transmission" as the cause, which makes it sound like folks are partying together.

But then you hear that there is just one elevator working in this 164 unit apartment building.  The other(s) have been out of commission for months despite the residents' pleas.  There is a limit of two people at a time on that elevator, so obviously there will be groups of people lined up and waiting together on every floor.  

This appears to be one of those buildings where the owner is trying to get people to leave so that higher rents can be charged, which may explain why the elevator hasn't been fixed.

How about charging the building owner with manslaughter over the covid death that occurred, presumably due to his negligence?  Do you think that might help to fix the problem?

----------------------------------------------------

Yesterday we featured John Buckley's vintage Mustang.  Today it's Sarah-Jean's brand spanking new Hyundai Kona.  Well done sweetie!

Nice car for a nurse-to-be.


And, not to be outdone, Ewen (who is sitting beside Sarah-Jean in the above picture) got word today that he has been accepted at Guelph University.  Congratulations Ewen!

I always thought that he was destined to play football or soccer.


But it turns out he's built more for basketball - tallest in the family.

Two great kids, finding their way forward.  Makes grandpa proud!

---------------------------------------------------

One more thing to be thankful for today - we don't live in the Middle East.  Rockets are more dangerous than covid.

Stay well.



No comments:

Post a Comment