Friday, May 7, 2021

HELP!

 My luck at cards has taken a turn for the better.  I have won the last two games and have a big lead in the game currently under way.

As a result, Mardi has threatened, if this continues, "I'll have you put down".  So, this blog is an appeal to my friends to watch out for me.  If I should mysteriously disappear please send out a search party!  Or, better yet, have a party in my memory👻.

------------------------------------------------

The weather was a bit chilly for outside work today so I joined Mardi and deadheaded some geraniums.  The greenhouse is a bit of a zoo.  David is loading and delivering, outside trucks are coming in to pickup plants, and Sean and the rest of the staff are trying to prepare loads and keep up with all the other demands.  Fun to watch if you are a bit of a sadist!

The lady from Forest dropped in yesterday after I left, looking for more Boston Ferns.  She has sold her 450 and was, fruitlessly, looking for more.  On the ferns that David delivered, she made more money on those plants in 10 hours than he made after the 10 months it took to grow them.  I never did understand economics!

-------------------------------------------------

On a separate thread, my golf buddies have been reminiscing about the early TV shows and the radio shows that preceded them.  Lots of fun.  This virus thing has done one good thing - it's made us look back and value the times we have lived through.

--------------------------------------------------

Jays lost to Houston tonight.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Stay well.

------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment