Did anyone else watch United Shades of America on CNN at 10 p.m. last night? It was sobering and somewhat depressing, but important to watch so that we can better understand the violent news cycle that surrounds the police actions in the U.S. and to a lesser degree in Canada.
Next episode Sunday at 10 again.
----------------------------------------------------
David tells me that I shortchanged him with my hours estimate for last week. It was apparently closer to 75. Thank goodness he's semi-retired!
Before he stepped back, he often blew past 100 hours in a week and when he first opened the garden centre, and I was running it for him, I was hitting 70 per week. In stark contrast, today I cut the grass in the drizzle for two hours and then called it quits.
----------------------------------------------------
The greenhouse is really full right now, and activity is at a high.
The cutting benches are full as well.
But, as this month progresses, things will rapidly get cleaned out.
There are thousands of Boston Ferns hanging and on the floor, but they are a mirage. The wholesale component has been presold and the Korean convenience store folk who didn't preorder are being turned down right now. But, historically, they don't take "NO" for an answer and soon they'll be back, willing to pay retail price and clean the place out. So, if you want Boston Ferns................just sayin'.
As you can see from the picture above, the garden centre is well stocked and it's been very busy so far. Shaping up to be another good year.
--------------------------------------------------
The Blue Jays are in Oakland for four games and then Houston for three. Late starts for us in the east so I will be reporting day after for most of the week. I know you care.
--------------------------------------------------
Take care. Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment