How about this new invention!
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/molson-canadian-introduces-the-brewmboni-part-vacuum-part-cooler-all-hockey-826978248.html
Mentioned it to David and he immediately started to rig up the greenhouse sweeper.
Got the Moosehead on board. Now we just need to work on the cooler part.
---------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays wiped out the Braves again today, sweeping their season series. They're now four games over .500. Pretty awesome.
---------------------------------------------------
After I included the picture of the young Killdeer in the blog, Jim asked if he could stop by and get a picture. My picture was taken with a phone camera. Jim's pictures were taken with a camera that was about ten feet long (OK, so I mildly exaggerate).
Jim added the following message:
The focus on the young killdeer is poor for a couple of reasons: they're quite fast-moving (and I was shooting at 1/1000 sec.), and because they're so small the autofocus is confounded, trying to balance focus on the bird with the surrounding grass and dandelions. That's a consequence of my trying to get as low as possible to take the shot, which I'm told by my bird group that I should do. In one shot the baby killdeer is dwarfed by the dandelions. Who lets their dandelions get that big, anyway? So in a way my lack of success is your fault!
Jim, I left that part of the grass uncut just so the size of the bird could be fully appreciated! But they are certainly cute aren't they?
In truth, in a few days David plans to have several inches of stone dropped on this whole area (it will be a planting area in future) so I've been ignoring it. But in future years the Killdeer, who typically lay their eggs in stony areas, will love this major expansion of their nesting area.
Jim also included a picture of an adult bird associated with this little one.
Nicely done Jim.
------------------------------------------------------
While that was going on, I sprayed some weeds that were invading some of the gardens, spread wood chips over the latest garden to be brought under control, cut the grass in the rink, tidied up the skids of soil along the driveway with the fork lift, and got a bit of a sun burn. A good day!
------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy the weather. Stay well.

No comments:
Post a Comment