Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Deadheads

 Blue Jays lost by a run last night in Oakland.  But, while I was watching the game I was reminiscing about watching the Jays in Oakland six years ago, while we were on our West Coast swing with Reggie and Sarah-Jean.  Fond memories!

I've been in four big league parks - in Detroit when I went to a game with my dad and his friends (probably 8 or 9 years old), Exhibition Stadium and the Rogers Centre in Toronto, and Oakland.

No desire to do any more parks, but I do have good memories about the above events.

--------------------------------------------------

I spent another two hours in the drizzle today cutting grass, and raking and dumping two wagon loads of grass cuttings on the compost pile.  While I was doing that, Mardi continued to deadhead geranium baskets.


These basket are for an order that is to ship in a couple of weeks.  By then, the flowers that are blooming will be dead, so the baskets are brought down, anything that has opened up is taken off (Mardi says taking off the beautiful flowers feels like performing an abortion).

The baskets are then rehung.


Growing plants is at times complicated and the work that has to go into them isn't always apparent.

---------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow, Mardi and I will be back at the greenhouse.  See you then.

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment