Jim went back to the greenhouse yesterday morning to have another go at the Killdeer chicks.
Using good equipment, constantly working to improve, and having lots of patience, pays off. Well done Jim!
----------------------------------------------------
The next birds I'm waiting for are the Mockingbirds. They dance on top of the hydro poles and serenade the garden centre with their remarkable songs.
Then the Swallows, who swoop around me to get the bugs I disturb when cutting the back field. I feel like the Pied Piper!
Red Tail Hawks are common, and a couple of times I've seen American Kestrels. They're the smallest hawk, about the size of a Blue Jay, and they can hover. But they fly about 100 feet above the ground and my camera isn't up to the job. Can't focus on those little guys in time.
And, of course, there are the Turkey Vultures gliding overhead waiting for me to fall off the mower.
Don't you just love nature and the outdoors?
------------------------------------------------------
I was an intended victim of Elder Abuse today. Mardi, after working yesterday as parking lot attendant and then greenhouse deadheader (a fine word!) said that she wasn't going to the greenhouse today because she felt like 10 miles of bad roads.
In an effort to be supportive, I told her that she didn't look like any more than 8 miles of bad roads. And then she took a swing at me, but she missed!
I just don't understand women!
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays won another series - this time against the Phillies. Well done.
-------------------------------------------------------
Al Knapp has been busy making muffins. I think he's invited us to share some, but I'm not sure. When are we meeting Al?
-------------------------------------------------------
Worked the parking lot for over four hours today. It's a challenge!
Enjoy the weather. Stay well.





No comments:
Post a Comment