David has started work on the back field which will be another growing area. This was the sight this morning when I picked him up for golf.
And, by the time we returned...
They've still got more sod to remove. And David's compost pile has to be removed as well. Then some drainage tile and bring in the gravel. But next year there will be a few thousand hanging baskets taking up this space.
Meantime, I've got a lot less lawn to cut.
------------------------------------------------------
So I mentioned golf. David and I met up with Sven and Big Al. A bit cool in the morning, but great weather for golf.
I reduced my score by three strokes from Tuesday's result. Keep going one step at a time and I'll eventually play my age.
David impressed us with a drive on Gold Nine, the dogleg down the hill, that ended up about ten yards short of the green on this 322 yard hole (it's slightly less as the crow, and David's golf ball, fly).
Afterwards, we convened under the trees to enjoy a libation and to discuss world affairs.
A fine way to spend a day with good friends (and one of my kids).
----------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays split a double header with the Yankees today. Their rookie starting pitcher lived up to his reputation in the first game - outstanding!
If you saw the game you enjoyed seeing his mother in the stands as she ran the gamut of emotions while watching him pitch his first Major League game. A very proud mom!
-----------------------------------------------------
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment