Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Golfing Again

 We had another shot at starting our 2021 golf season today.  The weather was ideal for the first half of the round.  Although it did get a bit warm toward the end, it was, all in all, a fine day.

Except!  The scores weren't too impressive.  In my case, I had lost three balls after just four holes.  The first one I drowned, but the next two must have pulled the sod over themselves because we saw where they went but they just disappeared.  The rough was just long enough to hide the balls.  The good news - we found more than we lost.

The front nine was not pretty but I managed to pull my game together over the back nine and finished at 100 even.  

Interestingly, the bar was open but there were no tables and chairs in sight, so we kept the golf carts and sat under the trees to enjoy some camaraderie and to dissect our games.

I took a picture of our gathering but my phone and Gmail are not cooperating right now.

----------------------------------------------------

The following comment is for Al Knapp.  On the way home I noticed that Snyder's farm's first planting of sweet corn is showing green sprouts.  Less than three months to wait.

-----------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays broke their six game losing streak by beating the Yankees tonight.

And the Leafs also won, going up 3 games to 1 over the Canadiens.  Will wonders never cease?

------------------------------------------------------

Ignore my rants.  Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment