Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Birthday Boy(s)

Today we celebrate several birthdays, i.e. for Gary/Sven/Andy/Annie/Arnie/Ned/Fuddney/et al.

I have attached a thread from this morning between Barry and "the group" that tells the tale:

Wow! 

I can't believe it's July 16th already and the date arrived pretty much unannounced. Usually this particular date arrives with a rather ostentatious flurry of reminders purporting the importance of this day. Where was that news letter we've come to expect? A definite sign me thinks, of the times we live in. 

But, without further ado ...  

Happy Birthday Gary ! 
Hope you have a Fantabulous Day !
Thank you for this Barry - you are one of a select group who have (so far) recognized my special day.  There were a few ‘tepid’ responses to the impending day at Tuesday’s 19th hole gathering  but it passed largely unheralded.  

This morning I sent this message to thoughtful friends who, like you, did remember my day.  

Hi Mike & Margie,

Your lovely card with its impeccable print-script message was the first to be received by the birthday boy.  It appears the low-key approach on pre-marketing the event I took this year hasn’t worked out too well.  As of this writing I’m at one card and one emailed version of a card.

Thanks so much for remembering my special day.

XO

Fuddney 
Is there a mini birthday celebration for each of your aliases too? 
Please keep us posted on the cake count this year. I suspect this whole covid thing will negatively impact those numbers. 

So, now you get the drift.  Those of you who know Gary and his multiple personalities may want to add your own message so he doesn't feel so left out.

Happy birthday partner!
------------------------------------------
Finished the John Bolton book this morning.  It's a bit tedious and self serving (he's always right), but interesting nonetheless.  You certainly get to know Trump's modus operandi and find out which of the secondary characters have no character (most, if not all).

Certainly with the current "I love Anthony Fauci" routine, while his underlings sling mud at Fauci, the Trump pattern is obvious (and odious).

Sister Judy now has the book (she jumped up from #161 on the library waiting list to #1 with me - it's who you know, and love).
-------------------------------------------
One drawer is now on the paint line.  Two more should be ready for that step tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------
A 73 year old in Haliburton got himself shot and killed by police after he had a tantrum about not wanting to wear a mask, smashed into several cars, and ended up getting out his guns when the police showed up.

Stay calm.  Wear your masks.  Be nice.  Get rid of your guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment