Sunday, July 12, 2020

Golf Weather - Finally

We took Greg to Mount Hope airport for his return flight to Comox.  His visit was a shot in the arm for Mardi - always like to connect with your kids!  They had a great day yesterday, exploring for honey and visiting Mardi's brothers and their families.
---------------------------------------------
From there we headed to MontHill for our round with Gary and Jill.  He didn't bite on my tee time scam (Gary had been a bit confused about tee times for the past couple of weeks, so I told him in the blog yesterday that our tee time was 10:10 a.m. when it was really 10:50.)  Mardi and I were there that early because we had  to drop Greg off and I had hoped that Gary would buy my deception, but apparently he's smarter than that (who knew?).

We eventually got to the tee and had a great day.  Real golf weather!

Mardi had a bit of trouble on one of the par 3's, hitting on the far bank of a creek.  She was determined to play it - I was afraid I'd have to go for a swim to rescue her if she swung too hard.  


After assessing the situation carefully, she managed to hit the ball, almost to a sand trap.  Next shot she successfully made it to the trap.  Thank goodness double par is our limit!

Mardi was hitting the ball a ton, but the score didn't reflect it, which allowed me to win (I'm surprised the sky didn't fall!).

The highlight of my day was a birdie on the par 3 Gold 3, according to the card a 226 yard hole, but more like 190 I think.  The drive went a couple of yards past the hole and I sank the downhill putt.  Out came the birdie juice!

And, at the end of the round the beer.

We had a great day with good friends and the weather was exceptional!  The way golf should be.
-----------------------------------------
We've made another golf date for next Sunday.  This time we've invited Roy Mandy and Al Knapp.  We were supposed to golf with them next Friday but that fell through, so we've reloaded for Sunday instead.
-----------------------------------------
Stay well.  Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment