Friday, July 24, 2020

Barry Is Older Than Our HVAC System

Today, Barry is the birthday boy.  Congratulations!

As an aside, the water in the Cointreau bottle story is a Fishguts legend, far more interesting than a normal cocktail party.  And I agree with Barry that Michael and Matthew weren't responsible, they're good kids (young men now).  More likely one of their friends was the culprit.

Matthew worked for me a few years ago when I was running David's garden centre down front - smart, interested and great with the customers.

Have a great day Barry!  Say hi to the boys for me.
---------------------------------------------------
Our HVAC system is original which makes it about 50 years old.  Still working fine - a new one might be a bit quieter but our hearing is going anyway so not a problem.

To make sure it lasts for a few more years we have Shipton's do an annual maintenance.  Today was the day.
Apparently, the HVAC system was specifically built for this building and one in Burlington.  Replacements are a special order.  As are the filters, at about $30 per.  They're 21 X 22, an unusual size.
-----------------------------------------
One of the kitchen drawers in the second section has been glued.  Painting will follow.
------------------------------------------
Tomorrow, Sean and I are going to fix the mower and I'll cut the weeds.  Gluing and painting the other two drawers will be a weekend project.
-------------------------------------------
Wear your mask.  Smile (even though we can only see the smile lines).  Makes you feel good.


No comments:

Post a Comment