Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Day After

 Headed to the greenhouse today to start painting the low benches that David bought from Cudmores.  After an hour and a half on my knees, my back told me it was time to quit.

So Jake and I headed out for a walk.  At the rink, we noticed that David has started to flood in anticipation of the extended colder weather that's in the forecast.


That small green object on the other side is a salt lick that David has put out for the deer.

Speaking of deer, Jake took me to all that's left of one - just some tufts of hair - back by the escarpment.


David tells me that Jake has a souvenir femur from the carcass.  The coyotes got the rest.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm still on a high over the Biden inauguration, despite the KXL Pipeline cancellation.  That decision was never in doubt if Biden won the Presidency.  Alberta made an expensive gamble that Trump would win a second term and they could then be close to completing the pipeline.  They lost the gamble.  Sorry.

The pipeline that is being built to the West Coast will have to do.

----------------------------------------------------

What the heck will CNN have to get excited about for the next couple of years?

-----------------------------------------------------

I mentioned yesterday that I hated the ASPCA commercial with the sad voice.  At the other end of the spectrum I just love the one that ends with "Doris is doing just fine.  NOW GET OFF HER GRASS!

It's the nasty old man in me I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stay well.  Think big.

No comments:

Post a Comment