I've been mulling over Al's assertion that Mardi's Swans were actually large Sea Gulls. I knew he was wrong because Sea Gulls are not birds. They, along with Pigeons, are mammals, i.e. flying rats.
But I wanted more clarity, so I called my brother who is a renowned ornithologist, having been able to classify all birds into seven species. (He believes that there are seven species of everything, but that's another story.)
1 - Loons - they're in their own category.
2 - Sparrows - anything smaller than a Robin
3 - Robins - and bigger
4 - Crows
5 - Ducks - that's where Mardi's swans belong
6 - Hawks - includes Eagles (and Vultures, although but they may be flying pigs. The jury is still out on that one).
7 - Owls
The final conclusions: Mardi saw Swans, Al is a Coo Coo bird (that's in the Sparrow family - one of the noisier ones).
You're welcome.
---------------------------------------------------
With the new Ontario restrictions, I decided I'd better make haste with the Muskoka chairs. So this morning I painted the reverse side of the parts for the first chair.
The painted parts and the second chair parts waiting for a coat of paint:
And, four hours later, the finished product, assembled and repainted. The yellow chairs in the background were built a few years ago. May have to change their colour - they don't look good together!
---------------------------------------------------
Based on the FBI forecast of mass uprisings in every state, I'm kind of glad we're not in Florida right now. The old white folks down there are mostly Republican.
There are lots of cartoons about Trump these days and many are great, but I'm assuming that you all are receiving the same stuff so I haven't included any in the blog.
It remains to be seen whether, now that he has been impeached for the second time, he will be convicted. We can only hope.
---------------------------------------------------
Stay well. Find ways to maintain your sanity in our new round of coronavirus rules.
No comments:
Post a Comment