Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Hockey

 Gary sent us the picture of the young boy skating on a pond near Bobcaygeon.  Now, Judy Rivers has done a painted rendition of that scene.


Nicely done Judy!  Thank you for letting us all share it.  It really brings a ray of sunshine this dreary morning.

----------------------------------------------------

I need to clarify my "don't watch hockey anymore" comment.  To be accurate, I don't watch the NHL anymore.  But I do watch International hockey contests and really enjoyed the recent World Junior Championship.

And, it seems that I've been watching family members play hockey for over 60 years, from my kid brother and his kids, my own kids, and grandkids.  That's come to an end - the twins turn 19 later this month, and David's old timers group is currently shut out of the arena.

End of an era.

---------------------------------------------

I mentioned that Gary Player accepted the Medal of Freedom from Trump the day after the riots.  Shame!

On the other side of the coin, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichek refused the same honour.  I would hope that President Biden will repeat the offer to Belichek at a later date.

----------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment