We're out of wine! So I made an emergency trip to the Grimsby LCBO for a box of Chardonnay, a box of Shiraz, and 1.5 litres of Canadian Club.
I shared the elevator on the way up with a lady. Explained my purchases by saying "It's going to be a long winter". She replied, "that will only last a week". I didn't realize that she knew us!
--------------------------------------------
While I was in Grimsby, I made a side trip to the greenhouse. My first visit since Christmas Day.
The Easter Lilies are coming along nicely.
And I got even better news. I have three chairs to repair and two Muskoka chairs to put together and finish. Yeehaw, I'm needed!
Had a nice chat over coffee with the family. Sarah-Jean is heading back to Pembroke tomorrow so I had a chance to say au revoir.
---------------------------------------------------
It continues to amaze/disgust me that so many people actually believe the conspiracy crap that the right wing media spew.
I can understand the white trash fringe of the Republican party being that stupid, but we continue to see supposedly intelligent people soak it up. I have to believe that they started out with white supremacist beliefs, looked for the echo chambers that support that belief, and soaked it all up. I suppose that if the only people you listen to are Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, etc. you never expose yourself to the truth.
Pretty damn sad!
---------------------------------------------
Stay well. Keep the faith.


No comments:
Post a Comment