Our day started out very tranquil, as Mardi and I did our two kilometre walk along the lakeshore. I was amused and pleased to see that someone had placed stones with messages along the path.
Although there was at least one message that appears very futile!
--------------------------------------------------Yesterday I commented that Biden would need to have control of the Senate so that he could handle Civil War - The Sequel when Trump started it. Little did I know that today would be the day it started.
Once we got back from our walk I turned on the TV and was glued to it for the afternoon. Unbelievable!
Since I am not a believer, it is probably not appropriate for me to mention the "Jesus Saves" signs being carried by some of the insurrectionists. But, surely they must understand that their exalted political leader has never had a conversation with their Saviour. I wonder how their Jesus would feel about their hatred, racism, and incredible, apparently deliberate, stupidity?
May God help the U.S. get through the next two weeks, let alone through the rest of Trump's life.
---------------------------------------------------
I've thought about the Optimist Creed today, but have found it difficult to follow. I tripped over the first line: Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. I'll try again tomorrow.
Stay well.







No comments:
Post a Comment