Thursday, January 14, 2021

Pigeons


 Jim sent one of his awesome bird pictures - Trumpeter Swans - and asked what kind Mardi saw.

These may or may not be the same kind that Mardi saw, but I took this picture from the balcony in May 2019.  Doesn't appear to be a Trumpeter though.  I'm guessing Mute.


----------------------------------------------------

While we're listening to our southern neighbours rant, it's worth remembering that our socialist health care system results in Canadians living, on average, four more years than Americans (83 to 79).  That's five per cent!  And, as I approach my 84th birthday, and start to live on borrowed time, that five per cent is welcomed!

And we do that at a lower cost per capita than what they pay.  Of course, even if it cost us more we'd still be ahead because of our savings from not buying guns, ammunition and armoured vests.

The death toll from the coronavirus will only widen the longevity gap.  Their deaths per capita are significantly higher than ours.
--------------------------------------------------

Just a day after saying that I don't share the cartoons and sayings that we all receive, I'm breaking my word.  Can't resist, coming as this one does, after our bird debate!

Thanks Steve.
--------------------------------------------------------

With the emergency order, our building has decreed that only one person can be in an elevator at a time (unless they live in the same unit).  We have three elevators for 500 people, and one of them is "In Service", i.e. tied up, most of the time.  
The last time they did this it sometimes took about 15 minutes before an empty elevator arrived and we ended up walking down the four flights instead.  Oh well, it's exercise.

Speaking of exercise, since I'm not "essential" at the greenhouse, my visits will decrease.  But, Jake still likes to go for walks (you can't say that word in front of him unless you are willing to head out) so we'll see what transpires.
--------------------------------------------------------
As David has observed, Joe Biden's speech to the nation tonight was "Presidential" in contrast to what we've been exposed to for the past four years,
I worry that some wingnut will be able to take he and Kamala out, just when sanity has a chance of returning.
--------------------------------------------------------
Just five days until the pigeon leaves the White House.  Stay well.  






No comments:

Post a Comment