Mardi and I both have kid brothers. I'm 12 years older than Roger. Mardi has two brothers, but today we're talking about Greg, younger by 10 years. Happy Birthday Greg!
I'd tell you how old he is but then you'd be able to figure out that Mardi is 79.
-----------------------------------------------
The PGA of America has decided not to play the 2022 PGA Championship at Trump National's Bedminster course. They haven't yet announced a replacement course, but obviously felt compelled to ditch Trump. Probably because they'd lose all their other sponsors, but for whatever reason good on them.
However, a few of their members still have some 'splainin' to do. Jack Nicklaus, who spoke on Trump's behalf before the election; Gary Player, who accepted the Medal of Freedom from Trump the day after the riot; Tiger Woods, who has chummed with Trump for years.
And, what is more bothersome to me, Bobby Orr, who took out a full page ad for Trump before the election, has irreparably tarnished his reputation in my mind. Shame on you Bobby!
I was a Leafs fan until Bobby came along. From then on I cheered for the Bruins as Orr took the game to another level. But, by the time he retired the goons had taken over the game and I haven't watched hockey since (except for a handful of Gretzky games). Now, I wouldn't watch it even if Bobby was playing again.
--------------------------------------------
While I was at the greenhouse today Mardi saw two swans in the lake.
Nice!--------------------------------------------------
Stay well. Keep smiling.

No comments:
Post a Comment