Saturday, January 16, 2021

Exercise

 I asked Mardi to cut my hair yesterday.

What's a mullet?

--------------------------------------------------

After the haircut, I spent most of the day in front of the TV, alternating between CNN and HGTV.  Made me jealous of Gary and Jill who can instead watch beautiful birds at their two backyard feeders.  

At 7 p.m. I switched to the Golf Channel.  That's when it finally got interesting, as Canadian Nick Taylor finished the second round with a two stroke lead in the Sony Open in Honolulu.  We'll be tuning in again tonight and tomorrow at 7 p.m. to see how he does.

---------------------------------------------------

I've got mixed emotions about the new stay at home guidelines.  For sure I think that restrictions are necessary - Mardi and I are trying to be extra careful these days as we wait our turn for the vaccine.  But common sense also has a place in this narrative.

You are asked to stay home, but going out for exercise is allowed.  When we do our local two kilometre walkabout we pass a couple of dozen people doing the same, most of whom are not wearing masks.  We try to maintain social distancing but there is a risk.


However, if we went to the greenhouse, we could walk to the escarpment at the back of David's farm and not meet anybody, except maybe Jake.  And we'd see birds, maybe a deer or coyote as well.

I think we'll be heading there for some of our exercise.

---------------------------------------------------

While we were out for our walk today we saw a bunch of Eider Ducks feeding along the way.  I only had my cell camera so couldn't get any good closeups.


-----------------------------------------------------

Stay well.  Stay safe.  Stay off the bathroom scales.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment