Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Back to Work

 Headed for the greenhouse to see what David wanted me to paint.

Turns out that he has bought a ton of equipment from an Oakville garden centre that is closing.  That property, near the Oakville waterfront, will be developed for housing.

The plant stands that you see in this picture, and the twenty others that are the same, are just a small part of the purchase.  They will be my painting project for a while!


While I was there I took this picture of the plantings that are currently underway.  In the foreground you will see Calibrachoa (Million Bells) that will end up in hanging baskets.


Plants on these benches are misted every few minutes until they are established.  Then they are transplanted into pots and moved to the floor to make room for more plantings.  It's part of their circle of life.

--------------------------------------------------

Like many of you, I watched the memorial tonight on the National Mall for the victims of the virus.  Very minimal speeches, but extremely appropriate and well done by Kamala and Joe, and awesome songs of prayer.  A very moving ceremony and, as often happens to me at times like this, I ended up with a wet face. 

More TV to watch tomorrow as President Pigeon leaves Washington and President Biden is sworn in.  Can't wait.

----------------------------------------------------

Stay well.  Have hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment