Yesterday, an article in the Spec commented on the local golf courses staying closed for the
indefinite future. The same day I received an email from one of the courses that we play in Florida,
advising that they are now sanitizing carts after each use, and asking golfers not to remove the flags
and to take their ball out of the hole with their gloved hand. Knowing golfers, those rules will mean
nothing. I assume that if you register as a single they will still match you up with three other
golfers/strangers - so much for social distancing! And, other golf courses are not likely changing
their routines at all.
And, I suppose that if any course down there tried to close they would be castigated by the rabid
Republicans for not listening to Trump. Glad we're all home now!
Don't want to be a pessimist, but it's quite possible that the only golf Mardi and I will get in this year
will be in David's back field. We'll have to maneuver around 50,000 discarded Easter Lilys though.
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
Although the coronavirus is nothing to be concerned about according to Trump, he is now talking
about stationing troops along the border (25 miles back). Supposedly it's because of the virus, but
dimbulb says it's because China dumps a lot of steel over the Canadian border (so I suppose his
troops are going to be trained to identify Chinese steel - it's the stuff with funny lettering guys).
Nevertheless, I think troops are a good idea - then Greg and his buddies can also deploy to keep
the covid carriers at bay this summer after Trump's policies fail to contain the virus.
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
Just got word that Jim and Monica Maguire have made it home from Costa Rica after a concerning
couple of days of delay. Welcome back! I've added you to the list so you can be bored like my other
readers. Stay safe!
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
Mardi had a social distance visit from A.J. today. Nice to see another member of civilization up close!
------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------
After two days of crushing Mardi at cards, I was jolted back to reality today.
------------------------------ ------------------------------ -------
Walking around the apartment, I did an amazing 378 steps today. Mardi's count was 1,057. We also
spent a few minutes on the balcony in our coats, watching folks walk their dogs. We're half way to
our 14 day obligation and only partly insane so far.
|
Thu, 26 Mar, 20:54 (2 days ago)
| ![]() ![]() | ||
| ||||
The "partly insane" bit only applies to me. Bud has lost it entirely. He seems to be going in circles -
lots. 378 steps worth.
Bless him, AJ called and offered to pick up groceries. I did have a list and he did fill it. Pot-roast
coming up in a couple of days.

Conducting Sven comment test - does location have anything to do with problem?
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteIt works!