Headed for Lake Wales Country Club this morning for what turned out to be our final game in Florida for this year. Weather was hot (over 30 C), humid and no breeze.
I covered all the bases today, scoring every number from a birdie 2 to a double bogie 10, finishing up with 103. Amazingly, I survived four golf days in a row without my game totally collapsing!
And, although I didn't wear it, they had found the back brace I lost here in my previous game, so I'm ready for the Ontario golf scene.
The Sand Hill Cranes were parading their kids. This mother appears to have a broken wing. Perhaps a stray golf shot?
This is a nice spot.
We were more than half way home when Calvin realized that he had left his glasses on the cart. We got back to the course 5 minutes before the pro shop closed and he retrieved them.
Nevertheless, we got home in time for Chef Mateo's spaghetti and meat balls.
Excellent as usual!
A few games of Euchre then ensued. Calvin and I went down to defeat 3 games to 1.
And finally, the author in his studio.
The Happy Gang is breaking up. Tomorrow morning I pack and start the journey home. Calvin and Matt will likely leave the next day (they have to stay and eat Matt's chili). Fred will head to his sister's for an undetermined time - Lil is not coming down as had been planned since she would have to go into the 14 day self isolate upon her return before she could go back to work.
All good things must come to an end it seems. But, I plan to continue to report each night until I am back in Ontario with my sweetie.
Safe travels to all.
ReplyDeleteThanks Barry!
DeleteDrive safe guys.
ReplyDelete