Monday, March 30, 2020

Hibernation - Day 11

If you have enough time on your hands you can figure out how to improve things.  I had been putting my thoughts together in email and then copying to the blog.  I like the blog better because the pictures can be slotted in where they are being talked about, rather than all showing up at the end.  But, today I decided to try it the other way - write it on the blog and then copy it to email.  Much better I think.
----------------------------------------
After I posted yesterday, Mardi sat down at the keyboard and played.  This is something that she has done infrequently and, usually when I am not around.
Sounded nice.  If this repeats I may have to get the accordion out of storage!

My Fishguts buddies and I haven't played music together for several months as well.  Our next scheduled get-together will be in late June, at Lake Weslemkoon, for our 44th Annual Invitational Bass Classic.  So far it hasn't been cancelled, but that will likely change.
-----------------------------------
Have to share an email I received from Al Knapp, who has a very unique (some might say strange) sense of humour.

"Here is a true incident that made my day yesterday and I thought it might give you a laugh.
While on my walk yesterday I came upon a man who was around 30 years old putting up a child's swing in his front yard. He had just thrown a rope over an overhanging limb of a huge old tree on his lawn. He didn't see me as he was facing in the opposite direction. I said "I hope you are putting up a swing. I know things are bad right now but not that 
bad !". He turned to look at me with a puzzled look on his face then broke into hysterical laughter. A moment later as I was walking away he said "that is really dark" then once again started to laugh.
My job was done."
----------------------------------
Spent some time this morning watching Charlie, the Roomba, vacuum the floor.  He got confused at times, but made it back to his home base before his battery ran out.  Fascinating - OK, I'm desperate!
----------------------------------
Following up on yesterday's stats, the U.S. is having a 4% death rate versus total cases, whereas Canada has a much lower infection rate and just a 1% death rate.  How each country adds up the infected totals could alter this a bit, but we're still coming through this in somewhat better shape.  Let's hope it stays that way.  Thank God for our health care professionals and our health care system.  Be safe!
----------------------------------
Tomorrow is wash the windows day.  I get the ladder part.
----------------------------------
Ca va bien aller!  It will be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment