Is it my imagination or are there less Spam emails coming through since this virus started? Haven't seen any in several days. Also, a lot less calls to sell timeshare as well, although I have been diligently blocking those numbers as the calls come in. You have to look for positive things during this scourge.
------------------------------ --------------
The U.S. is now the country with the most coronavirus cases in the world. A study by the University of Washington School of Medicine estimates that it could kill more then 81,000 in that country and not end until June. I assume that's if Trump doesn't make things worse in the meantime.
------------------------------ ---------------
A first today - a doctor visit over the phone. Fired my previous heart doctor because he wouldn't listen. This new one is much better. Spent about a half hour going over my history and we concluded that I was in good shape (fortunately it was audio only) and didn't need an appointment until at least September when the medical scene will hopefully have returned to normal.
------------------------------ ---------------
Also ordered my new license plate sticker on line. I'll really miss the lineups at Service Ontario
.
------------------------------ ---------------
Going for my walk now (599 steps in circles around the apartment).
------------------------------ ---------------
Got an email from Orange Lake today. They are closing one of the 18 hole courses and one of the 9 hole courses, but one of each is still open. Reduced rates too which should attract more virus carriers. Florida has a staunch Trump supporting Republican governor - they'll be one of the last states to get realistic.
------------------------------ ---------------
"They will come Ray. Build it and they will come". Watched Field of Dreams again today. I've been there twice. First with brother Roger on our western excursion and later with Mardi and grandson Sean, who got to run the bases. Perhaps because I played catch with my dad, who met an untimely end, it's an emotional watch.
------------------------------ ---------------
Spent some time on the balcony watching some dog walkers. They are keeping their social distance but the dogs aren't. And they were petting each other's dogs. Some risk there?
|
Fri, 27 Mar, 20:38 (20 hours ago)
| ![]() ![]() | ||
| ||||
Good question about that. Touching the hair?! The dog cannot get the virus so that part is safe.
I talked to the vets.
Kathryn
|
27 Mar 2020, 20:53 (19 hours ago)
| ![]() ![]() | ||
| ||||
Thanks, Bud. Emails such as yours ground us, and remind us that life will go on. Maybe we will even have a Trumpless future. Maybe Apple will abandon autocorrect. It took me 10 minutes to write this brief replay (see what I mean?).
Jim

No comments:
Post a Comment