Sunday, March 8, 2020

International Women's Day

We played Swiss Fairways today.  Those who played it in past years will know that it was always a great layout, but was in terrible condition.  About three years ago it got a new owner and since then great strides have been made.

In fact, now it is in better shape than over half the courses we have played.  They've done a fine job.

I managed to get across #2 again today.  That's my ball on the front fringe.  
Hey, an inch is as good as a mile!

No ski boats today.  This is a business.  They don't work on Sunday.

I had my best front nine of the season so far, finishing with a 44 and a 2 hole lead.
But then, Mardi and Maureen reminded us that this was International Women's Day.  So, on the back nine I pulled the throttle back and "let" her win by 5 holes.  In other words I only won one hole on the back nine!  Just to rub it in she birdied a par four.

Home for dinner and a game of Skip-Bo.  Matt and I eked out a narrow win.

Tomorrow is a pool day.  Then it's off to Miller's Ale House for the baby back rib special.

No comments:

Post a Comment