Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hibernation - Day 9

I commented yesterday that I am putting out these missives to be creative.  But in reality, it is to 
stay connected, to reduce stress and salvage my sanity.  

I don't do Facebook as Mardi does, which is a valuable tool to stay connected.  So I will continue in 
my own way, but after today I will move my musings to my blog.  That way, you only need to deal 
with it if you want to.  Check out dorsalsdiary.blogspot.com if you wish to continue to receive these 
communications.  I know some people have had trouble commenting on that site - if you want to 
comment and have difficulty, send me an email and I will add it to the blog (with your permission).
-------------------------------
Mardi tries to make at least one phone call a day to stay connected with the world.  She has made 
sure to connect with each of her laid off employees to thank them for their loyalty and support and 
make sure they are safe and well.
-------------------------------
Today is the day that Mardi and I planned to leave Florida.  She would have flown down last night.  
We intended to drive to Myrtle Beach the first day, golf there and then move on to New Bern, North 
Carolina, golf there and then finish the drive home.  Sure glad we aborted those plans!  For one 
thing, she wouldn't have been able to get a flight and I would be driving home alone under more 
risky conditions than I faced when I started my return eleven days ago.  And I would have been 
playing golf at unhealthy courses for the past week (see the next item).
-------------------------------
And finally, following up on my observation yesterday, another message from a Florida golf course 
we have played.  (I initially said that there was no info on sanitation, etc.  Greg has pointed out that
if I had opened it up the info was there.  Nevertheless, they are still open and risking the health of
the public).
Image
Book Your Tee Time
At Sanctuary Ridge Golf Club
Being on the golf course is a great feeling. The first step to getting on the course is booking a tee time. The second step is to enjoy that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment