Our flights this trip were a quick turnaround, so we didn't have a lot of time to do other things.
So, this morning I went for my old guy's B12 shot and then delivered Mardi to her office so that she could get up=to-date on the latest news. Went home and plowed through the mail, made sure that the bills would be paid and by 11 a.m. picked Mardi back up for our trip to the airport.
We had rain for the whole trip to the airport, heavy at times, but the mild temperature helped us to dodge what could have been a weather bullet.
Once again, there were virtually no cars at Customs. The agent at the Nexus line was only interested in why our car had Ohio plates, and we passed through quickly.
Our car was a Hyundai Elantra. Very nice, smooth, and hard to hold back. It just floated past the speed limit if I didn't keep an eye on the speedometer. And the total cost for the time we had the car was $37.47 U.S. plus $7.89 U.S. for gas.
This time, at the Frontier Airlines desk, we had the good fortune to have an experienced agent and our boarding pass showed the proper pre-clearance status. We were through the security line in a jiffy.
The trip back from the airport went well and after exiting the toll road we had a serious delay as various highways were dumping traffic onto I-4, but after exiting that highway we seemed to catch all of the lights in "go" mode. Apparently, some time after we got through the I-4, Hwy 27 exit they closed most lanes for construction and what took Mardi and I about a minute to get past held Matt and Maureen up for a half hour.
Not sure what tomorrow's plans will be. Maybe just a day in the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment