After yesterday's post I received the following message from Roger.
Sorry to hear you’re moving this to your blog. I have found it much more convenient here. It’s much like Face Book where if people don’t want to read it they can just flip past, rather than hunting and digging to find all communications from various folks (one less platform to contend with). It’s also where Gary posts his fine reports also, so helps find both easily.
Hope you 2 are surviving well. We have found it not so different than our daily routines, just substituting swimming with walking and very limited trips for goods.
While we are technically the high risk folks I feel more sorry for the younger folks whose daily lives have been much more affected.
Stay safe and reconsider keeping your reports here.
Best Regards,
Roger Craig
------------------------------ ----------------------------
Roger and Lynn celebrate their fifth anniversary on Tuesday so in their honour I'm taking his advice, but I'm also posting it on the blog.. You'll just have to delete if you don't want to read it here.
Best wishes brother and sister-in-law! If you have it handy, please send the group the picture of Lynn dragging you across that Hawaiian beach - it's amazing what the sea washes up on shore!
Roger doesn't mention it but I'd guess that he's spending a lot of time on his E-racing league. Hope you're winning lots bro'.
------------------------------ ----------------------------
Also received a note from Monica: She thanked Mardi for touching base and we found out that she and Jim not only were stranded in Costa Rica for a couple of days due to the coronavirus, but they were in Crete on 9/11. Remind me not to travel with them!
------------------------------ ------------
We're bored to tears. Playing SkipBo a lot even though Mardi has lost heavily the past three days (don't tell her I mentioned this).
We stand out on the balcony and watch (very few) people walk their dogs or watch the waves. I feel sorry for Mardi - she's completed her initial 14 days of isolation but is still stuck because of me. Just 4 more days to go.
The news is almost entirely about the virus. No sports (reruns don't satisfy) although there are some good movies from time to time.
It's fascinating (and sad) to watch the U.S. self-destruct over the virus. We have 10% of their population, but our deaths so far are at about 3% of theirs - significantly less. Good work Canada. Good work Canadians.
------------------------------ ------------
Although I now seem to be able to post comments partner I agree with Rog that it’s easier for me to read your update at the same time I review my inbox. I don’t think you need to be concerned about bothering people - those you’ve included all look forward to reading your stuff. (Doing both is fine as well)
ReplyDeleteI agee with the fellows. My memory isn't great and don't always remember to check the blog however emails I check everyday. Thank you for these. I love the lake so for me the more water pictures the better. Waves videos would be coo. But I'm not sure if you can post videos here. I use the video, I took when I saw you that day, of the waves every night to go to sleep. It truly helps. Carry on, Dad. Loving these.
ReplyDelete