Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hibernation - Day 12

A couple of days ago I commented critically on Orange Lake closing two golf courses but leaving two open.  Got an email last night that they have closed all of their resorts until at least April 16.  That's more like it!

In May we will be able to book Orange Lake for January-February 2021.  We will likely do that to make sure we get the weeks we want, but may later put them up for sale if the international travel or Florida health conditions so dictate.   Hopefully, generate a significant profit to make up for losing our winter vacation.  Whatever will be, will be!
-----------------------------------
You know, it's a funny thing.  Forced isolation makes you think of, understand, and appreciate the importance of the things you have.

When I broke my back and spent six weeks flat in bed I was somewhat helpless - couldn't handle my body functions without nurses stepping in.  Pretty embarrassing and you lose your pride very quickly, which probably helped me to begin to realize how important my family and friends were to me, and (in some cases) me to them.  Because of this I think I became a better person (of course these ratings are relative) and I came to look upon my accident as a blessing, despite the ongoing discomfort.

Similarly, I have had the same thought processes going on this week.  Spending time with the same person, isolated in 960 square feet, for 24/12 and counting, makes you realize what your relationship with your partner is all about.

Despite the ongoing concerns that we all have, on the bright side I am indeed fortunate to be shut-in with my love.  No arguments, no harsh words, no demands, lots of laughs, support for each other when needed (or even when not needed).  I am indeed a lucky man!   Thank you Mardi!  And, thank you Ed Strecker (the matchmaker).

Disclaimer:  For the purpose of this study, I have classified the nasty names that Mardi has called me during our card games as "humour".
-------------------------------------
And, Roger has forwarded the picture I requested from his wedding day (today is their anniversary - best wishes once again!).  
Reminds me of Cast Away - he must have washed up on the beach.  Kudos to Lynn for saving him!
--------------------------------------
We had a "visit" from Kathryn and Anna today.  
Shouting back and forth from the balcony and waving isn't too satisfying but at least we can be family for a bit of time.  Anna is fortunate - her computer game business is doing fine and these days could probably be considered an essential service anyway.  Kathryn is a bit more concerned - she is living with a couple who are (Petra) and likely will be (Joe) working in the hospital environment.  More risks there, but I have told her that getting a mild case of the virus and obtaining longer term protection might be the best result anyway.
--------------------------------------
We got started on cleaning windows today, but we're going to leave the outside glass on the balcony for a day until it gets a bit warmer and the sun is shining.
--------------------------------------
ca va bien aller - it will be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment