Saturday, March 28, 2020

Hibernation - Day 4

After the hair trim yesterday, I put the accelerator down on my card playing.  Made a big gain, but ultimately went down to defeat.

After four months of play, we have each won 5 games.  I have a narrow lead in score - 4435 to 4210 - the equivalent of about 4 hands.  Which proves I'm a bit meaner than Mardi - SkipBo is a nasty game!

It takes about a half hour to play a hand of SkipBo.  And, it takes 15 to 20 hands to complete a game (to 500).  It is a game of strategy mixed with evil.  You are trying to get rid of your cards, while at the same time preventing your opponent from using theirs.  Mardi has coined some particularly nasty names for me during play. 

Sorry to inflict this trivia on you folks, but it's my way of pretending I'm still part of civilization.

Cancelled two doctors' appointments this morning - one that was scheduled during the isolation and one the day after it ends.  Found out that they were going to cancel these routine appointments anyway.  No problem - two less chances for me to be exposed to disease.

David and Kathryn have both offered to pick up groceries for us.  So far we're still OK.  And as you all know, the rye is well stocked.

It's now time for me to go for my walk.  Circle around the dining room, living room and kitchen.  Reverse after a few trips.  Will finish this email later.
---------------------------------------------------
OK, I'm back.  While on break I won three hands in a row at SkipBo.  Not too popular at the moment.

Civilization is beginning to break down.  We're having trouble agreeing about what music to play on the TV.  Stay tuned 😕.

She is however still feeding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment