Saturday, May 16, 2020

What a day!

We had our little get-together at the greenhouse today.  Jim and Monica, Gary and Jill, Mardi and me, 
and Jake.

Gary and I each hit a half dozen balls to officially open the field.
But it was too wet to golf, and we were having too much fun getting caught up, so we just sat and chatted.
And enjoyed hot dogs.  Thanks for running the BBQ Jim.

It was a tasty spread.  Thanks Mardi.

After the party broke up I went back to cutting grass, but had to give that up and become a traffic cop.  The crowd at the garden centre was incredible and at one time the parking lot was full and cars were parked down the driveway all the way to the road.  So I directed traffic for an hour or so, letting people know where they might park.

Saw David briefly.  He had an 18 hour day in the truck yesterday, and started out at 4 a.m. this morning to make deliveries to Port Perry and points in between.  It's that time of year!
------------------------------------------
I'm shutting down early today.  Too much sun.
I'll close with a picture of a red Trillium that daughter Jo-Ann sent me - like the ones that Trillium Hill is named for.

Stay positive.


No comments:

Post a Comment