Mardi and I visited the greenhouse tonight to enjoy Sue's lasagna and toast that boy on his birthday.
That's one of Mardi's Manhattans. That's the glass that put me to sleep a couple of days ago. David has a lot more stamina than his dad!
--------------------------------------
Even Jake got into the act, howling along with David. He really thinks he's human (you can attribute that thought to either one of them actually).
Jake is aging too but he managed, gimpy leg and all, to chase a couple of young coyotes off the property earlier today. We're all younger than our chronological age in this family.
This cup has been used at the greenhouse for 23 years now. It was originally mine.
-----------------------------------------
And David shared the following email.
Not so bad. After a twelve hour day, I’m up on a monorail hanging fern baskets
like a young buck.
On my Birthday!!!
I’m telling everyone I’m 65 now.
I love the “you look good!”
Modesty is also apparently genetic.
On my Birthday!!!
I’m telling everyone I’m 65 now.
I love the “you look good!”
Modesty is also apparently genetic.
-------------------------------------
Even though we had to sit at separate tables and
couldn't give the hugs we wanted to it was really
nice to share the birthday moment with David and his
family. May you have many more my son.
------------------------------------
Stay safe. Stay well. Stay positive.

No comments:
Post a Comment