Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Should Be Golfing!

Today I should have been golfing with Calvin and others in the Dofasco League at MontHill.  Calvin and Mardi and I had a sort of alternate meeting instead.
He made a trip to Costco and graciously offered to pick up items for Matt/Maureen and Mardi and me.  Just needed Head and Shoulders (items on the ground) but it was a good excuse to see an old friend.  Hopefully, we'll find a way to do it with our golf clubs soon.

Calvin's mom will reach her 100th birthday this year but Calvin and his siblings won't likely be able to join her for any celebration as her home is in lock-down right now.  So Calvin's looking forward to her 101th or 101st (which is correct?) event.
---------------------------------------
A new experience today - Mardi had a Zoom lesson on her ukelele.
Somehow she reminded me of George Formby (you have to be really old to make that connection).  Don't ask me why!
-----------------------------------------
Spent some time at the greenhouse today and finished (for now) the garden I started to work on yesterday.
That looks better!  The soil under the sign is from broken bags that couldn't sell.  Need a few more, but I'm pretty sure they will accumulate by the time I'm ready to plant.
------------------------------------------
In the two hours I spent on that garden I saw four truckloads of plants arrive.  Trillium Hill is definitely ready!
------------------------------------------
Speaking of Tuesday golfers, Ron King came by today, sans clubs.
Hey Judy, Ron needs a haircut!  Go get him!  And send us a picture please!
---------------------------------------------
Mardi came by as well and bought an Orchid for our living room.  Beautiful!
--------------------------------------------
When we returned from the greenhouse, Mardi and I sat on the balcony to enjoy our libations.  She brought out the Bushnells to check out bird and squirrel nests.  

Made me think of the great friends each of us has gathered over the years.  The Bushnells were a gift to me from the Trompers, my hiking buddies.  We are so fortunate!
---------------------------------------------
Tomorrow I cut grass.  It's growing so fast that I now feel like an "essential" worker.
--------------------------------------------
Stay well.  Keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment