The Good:
Mardi made a visit to see her friend Joyce today.
And while she was there, she got to enjoy Elvis.
The lady with her back to the camera is 95 today, and her daughter arranged the Elvis impersonator as a birthday present. Awesome!
-----------------------------------------
The Bad:
While Mardi was there a lady came over and put her hand on Mardi's shoulder. Mardi asked her to back off, and the response was "It's OK. I don't have the virus". I told Mardi she should have responded "Well I do, so back off!" How stupid can people get? Sooner or later she's going to touch someone who does have the virus and then pass it on - watch out for her Joyce.
-----------------------------------------
The Ugly:
My golf buddies backed out today because they crippled themselves golfing Friday, and because it was going to rain and thunderstorm and all that stuff. So, I thought, if it's going to be that bad I might as well stay home too. As I write this at 3 p.m. the day continues to be lovely. When will I learn not to listen to those guys?
------------------------------------------
Like Al Knapp, Mardi and I were planning to spend time in the Maritimes this summer. A three week trip with Barbara and Jo-Ann, which would have included all four provinces, was deferred because of the uncertainties of the virus. As it turns out, with their good record compared to Ontario and Quebec, those provinces will likely keep their borders shut for a while yet anyway. Maybe next year.
-------------------------------------------
Stay well. Stay away from idiots who ignore social distancing!


No comments:
Post a Comment