Golfed at Pine Valley, a par 67 course near Simcoe. It's a long (80 minute) drive, but we play it once a year because it is, despite it's short 4612 yard length, a pretty challenging course. Lots of hills and slopes, water hazards, trees, and blind shots. And, similar to MontHill, the rough is a bit of a jungle right now - grass is long and cuttings lie on top like hay. The group (Gary, Jill, Mardi and I) lost and found a few balls in the rough today.
The par three in the picture below is a good example. About 200 yards, narrow, downhill, with hazards on either side of the green.
Nevertheless, when you are golfing with good friends the day is fabulous.
And, beating your wife has its own joys and hazards, but I'm not bragging 😎. It's just that Mardi seems to have trouble hitting out of high grass!
I poured the drinks when we got home, so I think I'm OK with this post.
---------------------------------------------------
Stopped in to see and enjoy Mardi's brother Greg's and Diane's gardens on the way home. Forgot to take pictures.
---------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow is Ladies' Day at THGCC. The greens crew will work to get the rough cut.
I understand there may be a circular needle knitting class held after golf as well. Hopefully, we will be able to report on that too.
---------------------------------------------------
Take care. Be nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment