The article link below forecasts what will likely happen in the world as climate change accelerates. It paints a fairly positive picture of how Canada will be affected.
But it also projects that our country will house 100 million people by 2200 as climate refugees migrate to more comfortable climates.
Among the positives it states that Canada is a stable, incorrupt democracy. While we might debate the "incorrupt" adjective now, we can only trust that Canada will continue to be a stable, incorrupt democracy with triple our current population.
I also wonder how many wars and genocides this future migration will trigger around the world.
An interesting read.
https://vancouversun.com/opinion/pete-mcmartin-historic-human-tsunami-likely-in-canadas-future?r
--------------------------------------------------
Speaking of climate change, I only lasted an hour and a half this morning at the greenhouse before I decided to seek out air conditioning. And the forecast for the next few days isn't promising.
--------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays finally won a game. Well done.
Stay safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment