Wednesday, August 11, 2021

I am Great!

I am now a Great Grandpa!  Congratulations to Yancy and Kate on the birth of my really Great Granddaughter!


Proud Dad looks like he didn't get much sleep before his daughter arrived!

Awesome event!  Congratulations!

------------------------------------------------------

When I arrived at the greenhouse today the Petunia baskets along the front were completely dried out by the heat and wind.  Watered them well then, and soaked them again after I finished cutting grass.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather work in the rain than in these hot, humid conditions (as you know, I'll even golf in the rain if necessary).

--------------------------------------------------------

You may remember back in July when I took some leggy, unsaleable Impatiens............


cut them back and planted them.


Well, here we are today.......


-------------------------------------------------------

To get 1,000 pound pumpkins you need to concentrate all of the plant's resources on one pumpkin.  David prefers to have a lot of good sized pumpkins rather than just three giants, so we haven't pinched off any.  As you can see, they are starting to impress.


You can also see how the wind has blown everything to the front.  I'll have to spread the vines out again.

-------------------------------------------------------

Here's a gardening mistake you shouldn't make.


This is primarily a dry garden, with Cactus, Hens and Chicks, and varieties of Coleus.  The other plants in the garden can survive without regular watering, but I made the mistake of planting Black-Eyed Susan here.  It needs regular watering to survive.  Luckily I have to drag the hose past here when I water the baskets.

----------------------------------------------------

Blue Jays lost the first game last night, but won the second.  As predicted, I didn't get to see that one.  Tonight's game starts at 9:30.  I'll try to hang in.

-----------------------------------------------------

Looks like the U.S. is going to achieve "herd immunity" not by vaccinations, but simply by catching the virus.  Oh well, that's their choice.  If it results in fewer Republicans surviving to vote in the next election I suppose that's their choice as well.

------------------------------------------------------

Life is good.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment