I don't think it would matter whether the colour in power was red, blue, orange or green, Canada would probably have muffed the extraction of the Afghans who helped our forces while we were there.
But Trudeau's folks need to wear it. The time to get those folks out was back when Canada withdrew its troops. If that had been done we wouldn't be wringing our hands today while we watch the mess unfold at Kabul airport.
And if the Afghans had been offered that chance, but decided to wait it out, then it would now be on them and not us.
But it's OK. We'll just shrug our shoulders and move on. That's who we seem to be these days.
--------------------------------------------------
Went for my annual eye test today. Cataract in the right eye is worse, but not enough to justify surgery. Eyesight is better (how did that happen???), but not enough to justify a prescription change. Aging is interesting.
--------------------------------------------------
While I was watering down front today I heard someone talking to me (or so I thought). Turns out it was a guy on a bicycle having a loud hands free conversation with someone that his ears were tuned into. It used to be that when you heard someone talking to themselves you assumed that they had some issues. Not any more.
--------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays won a well played game tonight. Nice to see.
Tomorrow's blog will be late. We're going to the Lighthouse Theatre tent in Port Dover.
Stay well.
No comments:
Post a Comment