First things first. Happy 75th birthday to Al Knapp. And also happy birthday to a much younger Grant Maclean. Congratulations to both.
----------------------------------------------------------
The temp. was 33 C and the humidity high but we persevered at MontHill. We did need a beer after the game though. Alexander Keith Red please.
I'm sporting a new Tilley hat. Thanks Judy.
-----------------------------------------------------
Watered the baskets and the newly moved sod after golf.
My latest project is to meld the driveway and the grass along this area. Before David had the driveway graveled it was about two feet below the grass. Now there is just this last section that needs to be melded. In the foreground you can see where I have reshaped the contour and resodded the area.
I need to work my way down to the end, removing soil and replacing sod, so that it can be cut and maintained properly.
At the end near the pond the opposite is needed. Add soil and sod to prevent erosion of the gravel.
In the high heat and humidity days I'm only getting in about 15 or 20 minutes of slogging before I find easier things to do. Hopefully, next week will be more moderate and we can make more progress.
---------------------------------------------------
Mardi had a good day at Southbrook. Blue Jays lost. Oh well.
Stay cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment