Friday, June 21, 2024

Plants and People

 Not as much heat today, but the humidity was over the top.  Nevertheless, I finished my 8 to 10 shift, cleaning up another garden in the process.

Then I spent some "me" time and moved the Oak planters down front where they can be watered when I'm watering the garden plants.  And, today I found two more hiding under a bush!  


Which brings us up to 13 😟.  Don't know how the hell this is going to end, but the hunt must continue.
--------------------------------
While I was watering down front, I took a picture of the Prickly Pear Cactus, which has started blooming.

By the end of the weekend there will be many more blooms!

In the meantime, this planting, which is just ten feet away and in the same full sun growing conditions, only has a few buds and they have yet to start opening.  

Mother Nature does some interesting things!
---------------------------------------
Speaking of interesting things, one of the items on the news is that people who are trying to escape dictatorship in their home countries are coming to Canada and then sneaking across the border into the U.S.  
Good luck with that!  If Trump wins, they will have gone from the frying pan to the fire and they'll wish they were back in Canada, instead of being sent back to where they came from!
---------------------------------------
Stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment