Last night, Mardi and I attended a Wentworth Masonic Lodge fundraising night at Stoney Creek United Church (the Masons rent the old chapel for their regular meetings) in support of the family of a seven year old who is fighting leukemia. The "dinner" was hot dogs and hamburgers with salads, and ice cream and strawberries for dessert, but the cause made it taste good.
We bid on several silent auction items and won four of them as you can see in the picture.
I think that pinwheel bowl that I won for Mardi is just the right size for my drink. Unfortunately, Mardi doesn't like the Crown Royal that I won 


. But I do like to golf at Thundering Waters - glad that she won that one. She also won a gift card to a selection of restaurants.



. But I do like to golf at Thundering Waters - glad that she won that one. She also won a gift card to a selection of restaurants.-----------------------------------
This morning, I started work at 7:45 and lasted until coffee break. But I did get that garden, which had been invaded by field grass, finished, and cut some grass before the belt that spins the blades broke. I also found two more Oak saplings which I dug up and put in planters (don't tell David - he has humoured me so far, but there may be a limit). But I was serenaded by a Mocking Bird the whole time. Nice!
There's a Rose of Sharon between the two Junipers. It was a "Charlie Brown" specimen when I planted it, but it's doing well now. Some day it will put on a nice show.
-------------------------------------------
Headed over to Chuck's Roadhouse to meet Maureen and Matt and enjoy the Rib Special. It was a bit hot - their air conditioner was not working - but the food and company were enjoyable.
-------------------------------------------
And tonight we attended our condo corp. annual meeting. Apparently, they have saved us megabucks on a couple of projects, and they promised that the gardens would be complete by this weekend, so the meeting became a bit of a love-in. We'll see.
Stay well.
------------------------------------------

