Friday, June 28, 2024

Events

 Today's birthday girl is Liz Knapp.  Best wishes Liz, and I hope that Al is taking you out to dinner tonight, even if it's to Teddy's!

---------------------------------------

Yesterday I "golfed".  The description of that has changed for me in the last year.  My average score is up 10 strokes.  Essentially, golf now it simply a chance to have a beer and spend time with special friends.  And if you are desperate for friendship, you can "golf" twice a week 😂.      

I suppose that age could be to blame, as defined below (thanks John).

I very quietly confided to my friends that I was having an affair.
They asked me, "Are you having it catered?"
. . . and that, my friends, is the definition of 'OLD'!!!

----------------------------------------

Today was a weed and cut grass day.  The exciting moment of the day was seeing this rabbit (did I mention that I was desperate?).


Rabbits are considered a pest at the greenhouse.  They chew threw water lines and plants die.  But they move too fast for me to catch them with the mower 😎.

---------------------------------------------

I watched the U.S. Presidential debate for a while last night.  Couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing.  Biden fulfilled the Republicans dream by proving that he is too old and feeble to lead the nation for another four years.

Don't know which country is in the most trouble because of its leader - Canada with it's current leader, or the U.S. with either of their choices.  Our trip to Florida in January could be very "interesting".

----------------------------------------------

But the really big news is that my great granddaughter Rowan has graduated!  From toddler status at daycare!

Thanks for sharing the photo Yancy.


I feel better about the world situation now!

Stay well.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment