Today's project was to clean up another garden. Made good progress, but I did get sidetracked. Discovered four Oak saplings poking out from under the trees, so I had to dig them up and pot them. We're now up to six.
It took two broken bags of soil to fill the pots. And I have to thank the squirrel who brought the acorns across the road last year and planted them for us.
I did manage to take away two wagon loads of sod from the perimeter of the garden.
And after removing the field grass and weeds from the front half of the garden I added three bags of mulch.
Now, I did have to lift and carry those bags of soil and mulch (don't tell anyone) and do some heavy digging. You see, my problem is that I don't have a road map for what the limits should be for an 87 year old. I know that I time out after 3 or 4 hours, whether that's gardening or golf. And, so far at least, I do stop doing anything that seems to be pushing me to my limits. And, in future, I will ask for help. But, beyond that, my life is an ongoing adventure.
I know that I won't be around to see those Oak trees get big. But, that's OK too. It's all about enjoying the world around us and having fun. Like when I run the mower in the back field and feel like the Pied Piper, as the Swallows swoop back and forth around me to snack on the insects that I stir up. Top of the world!
-----------------------------------------
Mardi and I share that outlook on life (love that lady!). We may not be here for a long time, but we are definitely here for a good time. And, thanks to Barbara and Jo-Ann, that includes steaks at Chuck's Roadhouse on Father's Day (a week early, but we couldn't wait). Thank you "kids"!
Stay positive and stay well.







No comments:
Post a Comment