Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Odds

 Golfed today.  Won some money.  End of story.

--------------------------------------------

But, I have a question for the folks who have indicated that they will participate in the Optimist Club Turkey Roll.

Mardi and I intend to fill six cards.  Each one has 30 circles.

For $20 you get 7 circles.  The question is, should your 7 circles all be on one card, or should they be spread over the 6 cards?

If they're on one card, you have an approximate 23% chance of winning a turkey (a $30 gift card).  If they are spread over all 6 cards, you have only a 4% chance of winning, but you could win up to 6 gift cards.

My feeling has been that if you are going to gamble, go big.  I like to spread my circles on several cards and give myself a chance of winning more than one.  You may feel otherwise.

If you have strong feelings about this choice let us know and we will honour your decision.  Otherwise, we will spread them over all six cards.

Regardless, you are doing something special by supporting our cause.  In a later issue I will let you know where our funds are spent.  Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------

Back to the greenhouse tomorrow.  Talk later.  Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment