Headed to the greenhouse and was met with a surprise.
This lot is across the street from David's greenhouse. Yesterday there was a pretty decent brick ranch style house on the property. Today, not so much!
Monster house is on the horizon apparently.
------------------------------------------------------
Concentrated on the gardens that line the front hill. The winter winds, which sweep across the bottom of the escarpment, uprooted two of the plants in this garden.
But, they're still alive, so I replanted them and tidied up the space.
This one got displaced as well.
But it doesn't mind having its roots showing, so I just straightened it up and added a bit of mulch.
Cut grass for an hour or so. While I was doing my jobs, Mardi was volunteering in the greenhouse, weeding ferns. Just a couple of old farts filling in time, pretending we're important and needed. Feels good! And much better than staying home and listening to the balcony grinding.
-----------------------------------------------------
I've now booked our thirteen weeks of vacation for next winter, a combination of timeshare and rentals. Something to look forward to. Hopefully, we'll be through with the coronavirus and all of its variances by then.
We start with New Years Eve in Laurel, Mississippi, the "Home Town" of Ben and Erin of HGTV fame. Can't wait to see their "Pine Cone Drop" at midnight.
Then a week in New Orleans, and the rest of the time in central Florida.
Seems like forever since we were chased home by the pandemic in March 2020.
-----------------------------------------------------
After publishing the blog yesterday I watched Kamau Bell's "United Shades of America" on CNN. Very powerful show. Next episode on Sunday. Worth watching.
Stay well.




No comments:
Post a Comment