Saturday, April 10, 2021

Nature (again)

 No birthdays today.  Amazing!

Headed to the greenhouse and did a cycle.  Then cut the grass behind the rink, over the septic bed.  Had a couple of discoveries.

First, found a Killdear "nest" near the rink.


Disturbed the mom a bit while I cut the grass.  She tried to lure me away each time.

Then, when I got to the pond, I saw a monster Snapping Turtle.


The shell was about 18 inches long and over a foot wide.  Head as big as my hand.  Don't tell Sarah-Jean or she won't go swimming in the pond.

------------------------------------------------------

Corey Conners is doing well at the Masters.  Had a hole-in-one today, followed by a birdie.  But Hudeki Matsuyama has looked awesome as he came from behind and built up a four shot lead.

Augusta is a beautiful, but really tough track.

-------------------------------------------------------

No Blue Jays on TV tonight, which is just as well.  Their ranks are decimated by injuries and covid protocols and they're playing some sloppy ball.

-------------------------------------------------------

Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment