Wayne tells me he's seen a gecko a couple of times recently in Sidney, B.C. Perhaps climate change is happening faster than we thought!
In the meantime, David has purchased some crickets to share the bowl with our gecko. Game on!
--------------------------------------------------------
Following up on yesterday's blog, all of my Tuesday golf buddies are helping me to have a long life. Lots of laughs every week.....love you guys!
But today wasn't much of a laugh. Four of us showed up - Calvin, David, yours truly and Sven (he of the dozen names - and a birthday for each one).
Power carts not allowed, so we pushed/pulled the carts you see through soft, soggy conditions for eighteen holes. A tough slog!
Add to that, I mistakenly left my putter in the van, so I variously used a 3 wood, a pitching wedge and each of my three partners' putters to put together a memorable round.
By the time the round ended, I felt like a 114 year old man. Which was good, because that allowed me to reach my 2021 goal of playing my age. Yeah, I was that bad. Finally figured out what was wrong - I'm getting old, losing muscle mass and distance, so I was swinging harder and messing up. Figured that out by the 17th hole and the last two were much better. I've now decided to join the Ron King Swing Clinic and stay within my comfort zone. Swing slower and hit them down the middle like Ron. Wait until next week!
Sven had the best round, his 99 beating David by one stroke and Calvin by two. I am obviously in a different league.
Calvin admired my sweater....and my 3 wood/putter...
...while Sven was enthralled by my yellow shirt.
Northern Puffers rule!
Unfortunately, the bar wasn't open due to covid rules, so we couldn't toast our day until we got home. It took two CC and Pepsi's (I've run out of Coke) for the memory fog to comfort me.
--------------------------------------------------------
A teenaged shooter was killed in a Tennessee high school yesterday. I've heard various numbers, one of which was that this was the fifth shooting at that particular school this year! Unbelievable!
And, a veteran police officer in Minnesota fired a gun, supposedly thinking it was a taser, killing another young black man. Makes you just shake your head.
--------------------------------------------------------
Blue Jays won 7-3 over the Yankees tonight, evening up their home series. They play again tomorrow at 1 p.m. I'm guessing that my aching body will force me to stay in the lazy boy for the afternoon.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hey Al, Mardi made apple crisp today. Fantastic. Too bad we're not allowed visitors.
Keep smiling folks. It does help. Stay well.



No comments:
Post a Comment